How to Clean Kitchen Sink Drain – The kitchen is the place to create a delicious meal for the family. Since the kitchen is filled with many things, during cooking you may spill out some oil or others. Keeping it clean is a must. You definitely need these easy tips on how to clean kitchen sink drain.
One of the most susceptible parts in the kitchen to be dirty is the sink drain. You wash the dishes in the sink drain and it cannot be avoided sometimes it becomes dirty and filled with sausage or oil.
Clean and hygiene kitchen is a must. You need an extra effort to keep it that way. Cleaning up your kitchen sink drain without clear instructions or tips would make it even worse. That’s why you need to keep it clean and here are tips on how to clean the kitchen sink drain.
Best Ways to Clean Kitchen Sink Drain
1. Clean Your Sink Drain Using Orange Lime
Cleaning sink drain should be done every day, especially the stainless tub. It is easy to clean it up. The common way is using orange sunlight lime. It is powerful to kill germs and bacteria. Pour enough sunlight lime then add water.
Dip it with sponge into the sink drain then knead it to foam. Rub it all over the surface tub on equally, and then rinse with water to clean. To dry the sink drain, you can do it with a dry cloth rag.
2. Apply CIF Cream to Clean Black Spots
If you let your sink drain for days without cleaning it, it will very dirty and sometimes stain black spots emerge which is difficult to clean. This stain can be removed by using CIF cream.
The tricks are by applying CIF cream to the sink drain area then rub it all with fabric or sponges. Rinse with warm water to clean. If you want it shinier, you can apply it a little olive oil equally on all over the part of the sink drain. Remember, you should do it after the sink drain dried.
3. Try Using Wheat Flour
Who would have thought wheat flour can be used as tool cleaning? But indeed, it’s proven to be able to restore gloss of sink drain that is made from stainless steel. This tip can be applied once a month. To apply this tip, follow these instructions below.
- You need to clean up the remained foods on the sink drain with water.
- Flush surface and channel of the sink drain with fluid disinfectant.
- Rub it all over the surface, including on the sidelines of water channel using a soft brush or the rough part of the sponge. This is very useful to eliminate germs and bacteria that stick in it.
- Pour it with clean water. Then close drains and soak of sink drain with clean water.
- Pour the flour into the channel with at least a quarter glass of water, and rub it smoothly with flour to all over the surface of the tubs.
- Open back drains again to clean up the remaining flour paste with soap.
4. Use Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
SEKILAS INFO: Bagi Anda yang tertarik belajar trading, investasi, crypto, dll. bisa belajar sedikit-sedikit di sini. Ke depannya, kami akan sajikan informasi penting dan faktual seputar trading (forex, saham, crypto) ataupun investasi di instrumen saham, reksa dana, emas, dll. Selain itu akan ada tutorial pemaksimalan aplikasi trading dan investasi seperti Ajaib, Stockbit, Bibit, dan juga pemanfaatan bank digital seperti Sea Bank atau Bank Jago.
For more regular cleaning, you can use baking soda and lemon juice for maximum results. Cleaning in this way is very easy and fast, you can do it any time after cooking and washing your dishes. It is even can be used to clean a rusty knife.
Alkaline in baking soda could lift the stain that sticks or remaining foods that already hard. Baking soda and lemon juice are also known to be effective to eliminate the smell of leftover foods. Here is how to use baking soda and lemon juice to clean your kitchen sink drain.
- First, flush all over the surface of the sink drain with hot water, leave it for a while to dry.
- Sprinkle the baking soda all over the sink drain; use a sponge to rub it all.
- Wipe in continuously to make baking soda clot.
- Use a toothbrush to rub the rusty parts of the sink drain.
- After you apply the baking soda with a toothbrush on the surface, clean it up with water mixed with lemon juice.
- Use a warm towel to dry it out. And now, your sink drain is clean!
5. Use Hydrogen Peroxide and Salt
Different material has a different way to clean. In cleaning up the sink drain made from ceramics, you can use hydrogen peroxide and a little bit of salt.
These materials are very effective to make your ceramics sink drain clean. It is necessary to know how to use hydrogen peroxide to clean ceramics sink drain. Here is how to do it.
- First, you need to sterilize the sink drain with soap and warm water.
- Then, flush the surface of the sink drain with hydrogen peroxide liquid, you can adjust the amount of liquid with the size of your sink drain.
- To be noted, if you cannot find hydrogen peroxide, you can use vinegar. Even though it is not as effective as hydrogen peroxide in cleaning up bacteria, but worth to try.
- For the rusty part, use salt to clean it up.
- After applying hydrogen peroxide and salt on the surface of the sink drain, let it sit for 15 minutes. The longer you let it, the more bacteria are eliminated.
- After that, clean it up with water and dry it out.
6. Do Not Use Chemical Liquid to Clean!
Metal and stone materials for sink drain are aimed to secure it from any bacteria like E. coli. These materials are anti-bacterial, that is why sink drain made from metal and stone is very favored.
Since it is made from such materials, to clean it up is also needed proper ways. Therefore, you need to avoid using chemistry and too sour liquid. Using chemical liquid can cause damages such as burned, copper, and platinum.
The stone material sink drain can be even worse if you use chemical liquid. Just use natural or recommended cleanser liquid to clean up your sink drain. You can find it on e-bay or Amazon.
Keeping the sink drain clean is not an easy thing to do. It is needed tips and guide to keep it clean and hygiene. The 6 easy tips on how to clean kitchen sink drain above can be your guide in keeping your kitchen out from germs and bacteria. Good luck and happy cleaning!